Re: Matrox Productiva G100 and Xserver?

Hello.

In v3.3.3.1 of XFree86 there is support for the Productiva G100 AGP and
it works well.

You should use the SVGA-server for this card.
Just select the card (341 if I remember right) and the only thing you
should enter, besides manufacturer and model, is the amount of memory
which in your case is 8192.
According to the docs you should not choose any ramdac and not run
X-probe.

The tricky part is to set the correct values for the monitor.
Check the "technical information"-pages in your manual to determine
horizontal and vertical frequencies. Be careful here, wrong values will
not bring much joy.

And finally is to set the resolution.
AFAIK xfree will scan the configuration file for the resolution to use,
the first one encountered is the one used.
In my configuration it said "320x256" "640x480" "800x600" "1024x728"
"1152x864" "1280x1024", and to get the highest one I simply switched the
values.

I don't know if this is the correct way do it, but it worked for me and
if there are better ways then someone will surely tell us.

/Andreas/pucko