nis(+) shows wong map

hi,

i try to setup automount for linux using solaris-nis+ maps. i need to adopt
them to work with linux automounter. but my problem for now is, that
auto-maps on sunserver are different than what i can see from linux:

>linux > ypcat auto.master
>auto_direct
>auto_home
>-hosts          -nosuid

and on master server from solaris i get:

>solaris > niscat auto_master.org_dir
>/- auto_direct
>/home auto_home
>/net -hosts             -nosuid

what makes me wonder is auto.master shows parts of auto_master. that
translation of "_" to "." should be a bug? and first column of auto_master
gets lost! i'm shure ther's no oter nisserver in our local net, where i
could fetch wrong maps. and these entries are not present at linuxes
auto.master map.

any ideas?

gerhard

--
some infos:

Package: nis
Version: 3.3.3-1

-- System Information
Debian Release: potato
Kernel Version: Linux stardust 2.2.10 #2 Wed Jul 14 15:41:43 CEST 1999 i686
unknown

Versions of the packages nis depends on:
ii  libc6           2.1.1-13       GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
timezone
ii  libgdbmg1       1.7.3-26.2     GNU dbm database routines (runtime
version).
ii  make            3.77-7         The GNU version of the "make" utility.
ii  netbase         3.15-4         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries