Re: netscape crashing (solution!!)

    > this is what you should do if you've been having problems with
    > netscape crashing a lot and have a glibc2.1 system (crashes for
    > me occurred either after password authentication or when closing
    > a netscape window):

    > * make sure you have the needed libc5 packages:

The glibc version of Navigator 4.08 seems to work fine.

Navigator 4.08 uses libg++272 while the newer versions depend on
libstdc++2.8.  I think, that's the problem.

BTW, the glibc version of Applixware 4.4.1 which also depends on
libstdc++2.8 crashes on my system, too.

A RedHat user told me that Applixware is running very well on his glibc
2.1 system.

RedHat seems to have fixed libstdc++2.8 somehow.