Re: The Hat: was Re: new logo on debian.org

In message <[🔎] E118w1u-0000TJ-00@moira>, egm2@jps.net writes:

> What exactly is "clever" about the "Hat"? I got the jinni thing.

Because that particular kind of hat is well known and it is the
kind of thing that sticks in people's minds.  It is actually valid
to call it clever.

> Furthermore, what's with the penguin? That never made any sense either.

Why not?  It is a mascot.  Not all mascots have any direct
relationship to whatever they represent?  Besides, a penguin is
a lot cooler than the platypus that is on my old Guerilla Unix
Development T-shirt.