Re: achieving secure web services for the masses

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Nate wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I would greatly like to hear as much feedback as possible about a
> project that I am proposing will be licensed under the GPL. It is a project
> that will bring about web mail that handles encryption and decryption.
> The web based email will live on an https server. This is the core of
> what I have envisioned.  There are some other goals (10 in all), that
> I have discussed further in a proposal located at the following url:
>
> http://www.ompages.com/secureweb.txt

I get a file not found on this...

There's a package for Debian called IMP that does IMAP mail to web pages
which can be setup to use an https server.  Has a few bugs still, but it
might be a good place to pool talent and resources and add features to
something already in progress instead of reinventing the wheel.