Re: Netscape - Fontsizes

JonesMB wrote:

> Bernhard,
>
> If you figure out a way around this please let me know.  This past
> weekend I spent some time (again) trying to do the same thing.  The
> font sizes don't even change no matter what you specify in Netscape.

I think i found a solution now:

delete the line
user_pref("intl.font_spec_list", "monotype-couser_pref("intl .......
from ~/.netscape/preferences.js

Insert the following lines into your xresources
(I put it under /etc/X11/Xresources/netscape)
-------- snip ----------
! Default fonts for various charsets, prop(ortional) and fixed.
!
! Format is foundry-family-pointsize-scaling.
! Pointsize is in tenths of a point.
! Scaling is either "scale" or "noscale".
!
! These are only used the first time you start up.
! After that, the preferences file is used.
! The "Defaults" button in the Preferences dialog will revert to these.
!
*documentFonts.defaultFont*iso-8859-1.prop:   monotype-arial-160-scale
*documentFonts.defaultFont*iso-8859-1.fixed:  monotype-courier new-160-scale

! There are 7 font sizes, 1 thru 7.  The default font is 3, and the others
! are based on this.  The default increment is 20%, which means that the 4
! is 20% larger than the 3, the 5 is 40% larger, and so on.
*documentFonts.sizeIncrement:   10
-------- snip ----------
I have xfsft installed. Maybe you have to use other fonts.
This is based on Netscape.ad which is included in the original distribution
from Netscape. Please let me know if this helps for you.

Bernhard

--