LPRng problem.

Hi,
	I am having some problems with setting up my LPRng.
I was wondering if anyone could help me out here.
	I have a HP 6L printer (ie it's a post script printer)
	I just installed the LPRng (latest stable version, and the filters that
go with it).
	I deleted the original lpd and lp* commands (they used to reside in
/usr/bin and /usr/sbin <--- the lpd)
	and now I couldn't even start up my lpd..
	I tried checkpc -f command,
	and it prints "/var/run/lpd.printer permisson denied"
	I looked into /var/run directory, and there was not a lpd.printer
present at all...
	So I "touch"ed lpd.printer. and guess what, lpd can start again.
	But after I rebooted my computer, the lpd.printer disappeared again.
	and also I think I'm having problem with my printcap file...

it's a total screw up.