Re: A Pet Peeve about posting on the lists

a little late but ...

> Only HTML (among formats that some readers can handle) really handles
> nested quotes well, IMHO.  It's got a tag just for it.  Do any
> text-based readers handle HTML (by spawning Lynx or something)?  Just
> curious; I wouldn't *dare* post HTML here.  ;-)

pine (and i'm pretty sure mutt) supports spawning an external program based
on mime type.  so it would be fairly trivial to set either up to spawn the
html viewer of your choice to view html mail.

pine also has built in support for basic html mail.  it will highlight links
(and allow you to select them) and hide the ugliness of most html email.  it
obviously can't display pictures without a helper app but it's certainly a
lot nicer then it used to be. :)

adam.