Re: PPP and kernel 2.2.x ?

> I just followed the instructions ( the ones about running 2.2 kernels in
> slink at debian web site), since I don't know enough about it, and it did
> affect the netstd package behaviour. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Yes.  My system is pretty much potato, though, and I did follow the
instructions in the kernel docs.  Still, I'll try it.

Looks like what is happening is that my pppd starts up first and sends off
an LCP request.  The other isn't running pppd yet and so echos it.  My
system rejects the echoed packet which is fine, but then it just keeps
sending that same rejection in response to everything.  I've been poking
around in the kernel source and I've got a few ideas to try.

I just took a look at the web page.  You only need to install the bootpc
package if you were previously using bootpc.  This because bootpc used to
be part of netstd and is now a seperate package, and the old one won't work
with 2.2.x kernels.

> If you need any other info, please let me know and I'll email it to you
> (just give me specific instructions

I think this discussion belongs here on this list.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)