Adobe Acrobat Reader in slink

I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader for linux and installed it on my Debian
2.1 distribution (2.9.9 kernel).  When I tried to run it, first it told me
it couldn't find various libX... libs.  After i put that dir(/usr/X11R6/lib)
in the lib search path for the script, it gives me a segmentation fault.  I
haven't been able to run RealPlayer, or WordPerfect for linux either, for
similar reasons.  Is there just something wrong with my setup?

Thanx

-matt