Re: HP LaserJet 2100TN question

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Dan Hugo wrote:
>
> > My question, though, is how to make use of the features of the 2100.
> > That is, I have a third paper tray... how to I tell it which to use?
> > How can I change the resolutions (max is 1200dpi), or whatever other
> > features are available to change?
>
> In postscript mode the magical features will be accessed through special
> device specific postscript commands. I think there is a general standard
> for paper trays and the like - but it will ultimately be up to the
> generating application... You can poke around HP's site for either
> information on HP Job Control or on any HP Postscript extensions.
>
> If you are priting postscript then there is an excellent chance you are
> already using the maximum resolution :>

Interesting.  I poked around a bit more on the HP site, but I think the
easiest way to check this would be to print a document to various paper
trays, etc, from Windows to a file and see if the .ps has anything
interesting in it.

As for the document resolution, I was assuming it was full, but I could
tell if I could switch it and see the difference.  I would imagine there
are other things that are changable too, but I wasn't sure if they were
embedded into the postscript or not.

Thanks for the info
Dan Hugo