Re: upgrade to latest Windomaker files under slink?

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Wayne Topa wrote:

> Quoting Francis J. Bruening(francis.j.bruening@bigfoot.com):
>
> > Is it possible to modify my sources.list somehow to know about the stuff in
> > potato so I can pick and choose upgrades I want without going the whole
> > shebang on potato?
>
> If you have a Line in your sources.list for the Potato dist you do
> 'not' want to do apt-get upgrade!  apt-get install package is OK
> but apt-get upgrade will hose your Slink dist.

You'll want to be careful, since potato is based on glibc 2.1 while slink
is based on 2.0--you'll have dependancy problems.

> You might try adding this link to your sources.list
>
> deb http://ftp.netgod.net/ x/
>
> There are Potato deb's there that have been compiled for Slink.

In addition, you could use a deb-src line pointing to the potato sources.
Then, "apt-get --compile source <packagename>" will try to download and
build the package for your slink system. i don't know how well it handles
the -dev packages, you may have to install those yourself (apt-get install
package-dev). If the compiler gives an error saying a .h file is not
found, use the package search on the website to find which -dev package
contains it.