Re: A Pet Peeve about posting on the lists

*- On 23 Jul, Lee Elliott wrote about "Re: A Pet Peeve about posting on the lists"
> On 22-Jul-99, you wrote:
>
>>> An observation from this Newbie may be related:
>
> <snip>...
>

>> My pet peeve is mail that is all on one line and not properly word
>> wrapped, such as this one.
>
> Sorry to have peeved you, I do this deliberately so that paragraphs format OK regardless of window size (I'm only able to check this on YAM & Outlook) - for me, reading:

I quote RFC 1855 titled 'Netiquette Guidelines'

[...]
2.1 User Guidelines

2.1.1 For mail:
[...]
    - Limit line length to fewer than 65 characters and end a line
      with a carriage return.
[...]

IMNHO +/- 10 characters of that is acceptable.  Not all mail reade
rs will auto wrap a long line. And if they do they don't always kn
ow about words and just split the words(like this paragraph), whic
h looks sloppy and is difficult to read.

Just my 2 bits.

--
Brian