Re: dselect error message

*- On 22 Jul, paul.walton@dial.pipex.com wrote about "dselect error message"
> I originally installed the base debian packages from cd and when
> everything seemed ok I connected via the apt option to the default serv
> er (debian.org I think) in order to get Netscape amongst other things.
> However dselect stops at the install stage telling me that
> /var/cache/apt/archives/ is full. what should I do?

Sounds like your /var partition is full.  What does 'df -m /var' say?
You need to either increase the size of the /var partition or symlink
/var/cache/apt to another partition with more room.  The later is the
quick and easy solution.

cd /var/cache
mv apt /path/to/partition/with/room
ln -s /path/to/partition/with/room/apt apt

--
Brian