Re: A problem:SIOCADDRT :Invalid argument

solar wrote:

> Hello:
>     When booting ,my hammer box always show :
>         Mounting local file systems...
>         /dev/hda3 on /home type ext2 (rw)
>         /dev/hda4 on /tmp type ext2 (rw)
>         SIOCADDRT:Invalid argument                               (problem :()

Booting into kernel 2.2.x in default Slink /etc/init.d/network
configuration (written for kernel 2.0.x), this error will come up when
the boot up script above adds a route for an IP address. The 2.2.x
kernels add the route automatically unlike the 2.0.x kernels. You might
look there.

>         default: Host name lookup failure                        (problem :()

Are you connected to the Internet in any way? If so, do you have a
nameserver supplied in /etc/resolve.conf?

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu