Re: Occasional Error

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 12:30:22PM -0600, Cheshire wrote:

> Failed to open configuration file /etc/exim.conf

> Now I can just hit a key and continue like normal, but I just don't know
> why that's happening in the first place. I have exim installed, but as
> far as I can tell, it isn't running. At least I haven't gone out of my
> way to run it, and ps isn't identifying an exim operation. I don't find
> any exim references in my scripts either.

By default exim doesn't run as a daemon, but is started from inetd to
recieve SMTP connections and run periodically to flush the queue.  If
you don't want to use exim, you should deinstall it.  If you want to use
it, then you should configure it (use /usr/sbin/eximconfig to make
things easy).  You probably want to have it set up.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/