RE: Microphone input in X.

On 22-Jul-99 Person, Roderick wrote:
> Does anyone know,  is there  a /dev/mic or a module that needs to be
> loaded to get a mic input to work. I have a Sound Blaster 16 PCI it
> works in everyother way but not mic input. Come to thing of it  I
> haven't tried the line so I don't know if that works.

I use the OSS driver ( http://www.opensound.com/linux-x86.html ) with
xmix, xmcd and xplay, and along with everything else microphone input
also works fine (the recording to a .wav file is done via xplay). Setup
of OSS was amazingly straightforward. Mine's an SB-16 too.

Hope this helps,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
Date: 22-Jul-99                                       Time: 16:50:49