Re: X server for crappy Packard Hell machine

Actually, if you only have 1 MB of video RAM I would suggest picking up an 8
meg card some where for a nominal fee. X likes video ram. Also you may want to
get on the net and try to figure out what king of card you have.
http://www.windrivers.com/ has a great site for identifying your hardware
using pictures of the chipsets among other things. Then maybe you can select
the right settings in XF86Config. Also I think maybe you "pixelation" is
probably caused by the default color depth. try to set it to 16bpp or 24bpp
and see how that works. sounds to me like you may even have the XF86_VGA
server running and not know it.
--

"We're associates of your business partner, Marcellus Wallace. You do remember
your business partner Marcellus Wallace don't you?"

Ben Lutgens (pgp public key is "blutgens" available @ hkp://pgpkeys.mit.edu)