Re: 3Com 509B Ethernet card working in Windows but not in Linux

Only problem I've ever had with a 509B was that it was configured to use the
BNC port when I had a TP network and vice-versa.  Check that this is not the
case.

Also, if you have only one network card in your system, it's perfectly safe
to compile the 905B support _into_ the kernel rather than as a module which
will save you a little trouble if you're a newbie.

Try checking for IRQ/IO conflicts.  The card has two modes:  A pnp mode and
a "legacy" mode.  For simplicity's sake, try putting it in legacy mode and
give it IO and IRQ settings that work in windows.  Now try it in linux.

That's about all I can think of now.  HTH

-Dano