How to switch off line buffering in stdin?

Hi All!

I'm writing an application, which implements some terminal functionalities.
I'd like to receive every keystroke, just after the key is pressed
(like with vga_getkey(), but in text mode).
The standard "fgetc(stdin)" receives the char only after the whole line is
entered. The "setvbuf(stdin,NULL,_IONBF,0);" doesn't help at all.
How to implement it? Probably I should use "ioctls" to change the console's
behaviour. Where should I look for the information?
--
			TIA
			Wojciech Zabolotny

http://www.gnupg.org  Gnu Privacy Guard - protect your mail & data