Re: Forwarded e-mail appendages unreadable..

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 00:22:36 -0500, John Foster wrote:
> I have noticed that a lot of forwarded e-mails from a lot of different
> site are unreadable at least the appendages are. They all seem to show
> up as a paperclipped item and when I try to open them ,I see the message
> "application_ms-tnef" I have no idea what that means

It indicates the MIME type. From
it looks like "application/vnd.ms-tnef" is the proper MIME type.

> They are usually some type of joke or funny pictures sent to me by my
> neice, but I have seen it on others. I am guessing that this is some type
> of Microsoft propritary crap.

It looks that way; from its description it sounds like a wrapper that's
useless on non-Microsoft systems.

UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,