Re: Partition table change

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Stephen Pitts wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 10:38:03AM +0300, virtanen wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way to change the partion table without a complete reinstall?

> Look at ext2resize on freshmeat (www.freshmeat.net..the search box is at the top).
> Although it says that it is ALPHA, you might try it.
>
> Reply with the output of 'df' on your system, and we can figure out a way
> to safely move stuff around.

I've downloaded ext2resize. Let's see if I've got courage to try it!
My debian-computer is at home. It isn't networked. The other computer at
my working-place is.

(With that networked computer I've got big difficulties in installing
debian. I managed to install the base. But It seems that it doesn't really
accept any cd-rom istallation. At some place the whole thing just shuts
down (the power goes off suddently) while installing packages from the
cd-rom drive. (CD drive is just a normal atapi. But I realized that even
the base doesn't start if there is a cd in during booting. The system has
got w95 on the same disk as I'm trying to put debian. The system has got
'an automatic power-off system', when I stop w95. I suspect that it that
has something to do with the problem. I posted earlier some details about
the bios, but no-one has yet told, if they had any similar problems.)

-hv