Re: Problems with Adaptec 2940 U2W

I will try to find out as soon as I get to work tomorrow morning. I am ashamed to say
that I am using a Windows system at home for the moment. However, I am working on a
second system to run Debian at home too soon. Thanks.

"Gregory T. Norris" wrote:

> Do you know what version of the aic7xxx driver is compiled into your
> kernel?  I believe that the "stock" 2.2.9 kernel comes with version
> 5.1.10... the debianized sources might have a newer one, tho.  Anyway,
> the current driver version is 5.1.19, and Im pretty sure that some U2W
> bugs were squashed between the two.
>
> You may need to generate a useable bootdisk, so you can get on long
> enough to compile a patched kernel...
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 10:07:01PM -0400, Ming Poon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am just wondering if anyone is having problems with the AHA2940 U2W
> > SCSI controller. The old AHA2940 UW (without the 2 in between the U and
> > W) worked fine under my 2.2.9 kernel. Any system with a U2W in it just
> > won't boot. Thanks.
> >

> --
begin:vcard
n:Poon;Ming
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.corel.com
org:Corel Corporation;Emerging Technologies
adr:;;1600 Carling Avenue;Ottawa;Ontario;K1Z-8R7;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:mingp@corel.com
title:Development Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11072