Re: Problems with Adaptec 2940 U2W

Do you know what version of the aic7xxx driver is compiled into your
kernel?  I believe that the "stock" 2.2.9 kernel comes with version
5.1.10... the debianized sources might have a newer one, tho.  Anyway,
the current driver version is 5.1.19, and Im pretty sure that some U2W
bugs were squashed between the two.

You may need to generate a useable bootdisk, so you can get on long
enough to compile a patched kernel...