Second PHP3 Re: cold fusion & linux

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 11:33:55PM -0300, Chris Dion wrote:
> I've heard of a product called 'php' which is supposed to be good, but
> don't have any experience using it.
>
> FAQ is at http://www.php.net/FAQ.php3

I ported a medium-size web site using IIS4/ASP to Apache/PHP3, and I was very
impressed. Its a fine example of a high-quality Open Source alternative
to commerical products.

Another product I'm trying to get around to looking at is called Zope.
It's a Python-based solution that looks to be a little more complex,
but fairly powerful. I've heard really good things on comp.lang.python,
but I have no personal experience. Check it out at http://www.zope.org.

Also, be leery of PHP-like products on Freshmeat. They pop-up almost
once a week now!