Re: i740 video card drivers

> On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Bobby Carter wrote:
>
> >     I recently installed Debian 2.1 R2 to find that it does not support the Intel740. I found drivers but they are for Redhat. I was wondering if it was possible to use those drivers ie if they are compatible. And if not if there will be drivers for Debian.
> > I would really like to use Debian but I would also like to use X. =P
> >
> > Thanx in advance for any help you could give.
> >

> you can use the redhat ones (well, i do). from memory what i did was get
> the tarball (not rpm) bundle from redhat, unpacked it, moved the X server
> binary to /usr/X11/bin/X or wherever, and that was about it...

In the version of alien present in potato there are some diffs that
should help about installing it, as well as diffs for
xfree86config-i740. I do not think that alien from potato can be
installed friendly in slink, due to the perl reorganization, but copying
the diffs to the alien patches directory should probably work.

> i think the source has been handed over to xfree, so the problem will go
> away soon anyway (thank god).

Regards,

Agustín Martín Domingo, Dpto. de Física, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politécnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html