Re: Unidentified subject!

On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 12:12:58PM +0200, Anders.ohrt@Delphi.se wrote

> What do I put in my fstab to be able to mount the floppy with just 'mount
> /mnt/floppy'? Currently I have a line, but that one makes the system try to
> mount it at boot, which fails...

You need to add the option 'noauto' to the fstab entry; probably,
you need to change something like this:
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy vfat defaults,nosuid,nodev,user  0  0

to:
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy vfat defaults,nosuid,nodev,user,noauto  0  0

That will ensure it isn't mounted automatically, but only when explicitly
named in the mount command.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au