Re: samba password changes after potato upgrade

Thanks for the information!

The smbclient is in its own package.

I fixed my samba installation by re-creating the password file for samba.  I think
that the problem was that when I first installed samba, I did not use a separate
password file (I don't even remember if it was an option at that time).  I think the
latest version set the system up to use passwords, but the file didn't have the users
or passwords available.  I re-created the password file, and entered the users and
passwords by hand.  After this, samba works fine!

Thanks to all who helped on this issue!

Doug