ACK! Too many ftpds.

I want to try and setup an ftp server and wanted to try using proftp as my
ftp daemon.  I tried to configure it, but when I ftp to the server, I
don't get proftpd.  I get some other ftp daemon.  I did a dpkg -S ftpd and
found that netstd appears to have a couple of ftp deamons in it.  Can
anyone help me out with this?  I want to disable those ftp daemons, or
learn how to configure them.  The only one I can find that runs as a
daemon is proftpd.  I can't figure out how to disable or configure the ftp
daemons.  Can anyone help me out?

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."