Re: Maintaining a permanent connection to the net with pppd.

shaul writes:
> What bothers me is that the HOWTO maintainer does not mention the persist
> option of the PPP daemon.

That HOWTO is obsolete.  Ignore it.  To maintain a persistent ppp
connection put 'persist' in the appropriate provider file.

If you want ppp to start on boot rename /etc/ppp/no_ppp_on_boot to
/etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot .  'pon' will then be run at boot time.
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.