upgrade glibc

Hi,
	I have a Debian Hamm installed on my i386 machine, using glibc 2.0
	and I really like to upgrade glibc to 2.1
	but I followed the instruction from the GNU site, downloaded all the
linux-threads, crypt, binutils, etc... and compiled binutils statically
and then installed glibc2.1. then installed binutils..
	but when I did a ldconfig after that...
	nothing else on the machine could be executed anymore...

	and I tried it several times, and still didn't work...
	any suggestions?

--
Bill Shui				| One More Day, One Less Cow.
Programmer				| Email: bill.shui@eBioinformatics.com