Re: Remove cronjob is safe?

	Subject: Remove cronjob is safe?
	Date: Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 12:30:32PM +0200

Quoting andreas pålsson(andreas@aci.se):
> Hello.
>
> My logfiles are filled by the line "/USR/SBIN/CRON[7637]: (root) CMD
> (test -f /proc/modules && /sbin/rmmod -a)".
> And I find it be unnecessary to run any commands related to modules
> since I have no modules and no module-support in my kernel.
>
> Since "cron.d" seem to be something debian-specific my question is: Is
> it safe to delete the "/etc/cron.d/modutils", or is there a recommended
> debian-way to inactivate cronjobs that are not used?

Andreas

  Rather then delete anything, it would be safer to change the name
then to remove it.  mv /etc/cron.d/modutils /etc/cron.d/1.modutils.
This would probably create log messages as well so I don't know what
you would gain by removing the file or changing the name.

  I myself would leave thing as they are, but its your system.

HTH, YMMV, HAND

--
This sentence contradicts itself -- no actually it doesn't.
                -- Hofstadter