Re: KDE: can't connect to X server

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 10:28:05PM -0700, Nate wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 10:06:29PM -0700, G. Crimp wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I'm trying to get KDE running, just to play a little bit. When I run
> > kde from the command line, I am told that various kde components can't
> > connect the X server, and it craps out, even as root.
>
> Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> "deb http://kde.tdyc.com slink kde contrib rkrusty"
>
> Run "apt-get update"
>
> When that is done "apt-get install kdebase kdeutils kdenetwork kdemultimedia,
> etc, etc,"
>
> This will install both qt1g and qt1g-dev and all other dependencies.

	Thanks.  I'll have a couple problems with this though.  First, the
machine I want on which I am trying to install KDE isn't connected to the
internet, and I don't really want to install everything anyway, at least,
not at first.  I was hoping to get away with base, libs and support.  I am
not that comfortable with all the details of apt yet, but it seems to me
that the above precludes the use of apt.  Plus, I really DON'T want to
install KDE to the box that is hooked up to the net.

	Is there an ftp site where I can get the debs for kde and qt (with
matching version :)).

	Thanks,

	Gerald