Re: KDE: can't connect to X server

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 10:06:29PM -0700, G. Crimp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I'm trying to get KDE running, just to play a little bit. When I run
> kde from the command line, I am told that various kde components can't
> connect the X server, and it craps out, even as root.

Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list

"deb http://kde.tdyc.com slink kde contrib rkrusty"

Run "apt-get update"

When that is done "apt-get install kdebase kdeutils kdenetwork kdemultimedia,
etc, etc,"

This will install both qt1g and qt1g-dev and all other dependencies.

Simply type "startx".  "KDE WindowManager" will be added to your list
of window managers.  Or in the install process you will be asked if you want
to make the kde window manager your default manager.  Good luck.
__
NatePuri ("natedawg")		o m p a g e s . c o m
Certified Law Student  		p e r c r v t i o f i
McGeorge School of Law 		e d i c a e a n m   n
Sacramento, CA			n i v e t r y   m   d
publisher@ompages.com  		  a a s e y s t u   s
n8fs0n@softcom.net		    t s d o   h n
http://www.ompages.com		    e     n   i i