Re: What software to use for setting up an ISP web server on debian?

>> "Andri" == Andri Bell <debian2@one-click.com> wrote:

Andri> Do you know what software to use and how to accomplish auto installing
Andri> scripts for the new user?

I don't know any programm that does this. I think anyone uses a custom
script, written especially for his needs, to add new users (and add
them to certain services etc.).

I use a script to add a new user, that calls adduser, and then
subscribes him to an announcement mailinglist.

Basically, this is nothing difficult. Just a sequence of commands to
add the user, create the directories, copy the files, add virtual
servers or change the ftpd/httpd config.

I would write a shellscript or perlscript for this. But if you want to
make this automatic, you have to be careful to sanitize the input, as
this script will run as root, and some attacker may try to pass some
input that may execute code, if not filtered.

Ciao,
	Martin