Re: Re: getty vs minicom

According to Andrew MacIntyre:
> As I was used to agetty and minicom cooperating nicely on an ancient Slackware box, I expected this to work on this much more recent Debian box <sigh>.

That is because that worked with the cua/ttyS devices (kernel based
locking between dialin/dialout) which has officially been deprecated
by the linux kernel developers.

> I use mgetty at home, but didn't really want to have to deal with its complexities for the situation at hand.

Complex? Mgetty? mgetty -s 38400 /dev/ttyS1 ?

> The situation's more or less under control, so I won't worry about the problem further, although I was disappointed not be able to find the getty source package.

Source of both agetty and mgetty is available on all debian mirrors.

Mike.
--
Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.