Re: Emacs Font problems

Patrick Beeson writes:
 > At 11:37 PM 7/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
 > >Larry Huffman writes:
 > > > Patrick Beeson writes:
 > > >  > I figured out that when I run emacs with a font larger than height 15
 > > >  > then I have a text cursor, otherwise I don't.  Some other fonts like
 > > >  > adobe-courier will give a text cursor at height <= 15.  But my favorite
 > > >  > font is 9x15 (the emacs default).  Any suggestions on how I could get
 > >this
 > > >  > to work?
 > > >
 > > > try putting this in your .Xdefaults file:
 > > >
 > > > emacs.font: 9x13
 > >
 > >Sorry, that's emacs.font: 9x15
 > >

 > I tried that.  It does the same thing.

Hmm. I'm pretty much an Emacs newbie who's running out of ideas. But you might try forcing a cursor color each time you start emacs from the command line, like so:

emacs -cr 'slate blue' &

This gives me a nice blue cursor, along with the 8x13 font that I have set in my .Xdefaults file using the above syntax.

If that doesn't work, I'm stumped. Anybody?

Larry