Re: mozilla don't run

Christian Lavoie wrote:

> > > potato+last packages+kernel2.2.10
>
> Mozilla M7 won't run on neither RH6.0 nor Debian 2.2 (I presume this
> to be related to glibc :), though you *SHOULD* see a Segmentation
> Fault message appearing.

Actually, following the advice of another poster, running it one time as
root solved the problem. I presume that it tries to access some file in
a global location, and when not found, tries to create it. I would guess
a bug should be filed on this, as it seems to be a packaging issue
rather than an upstream bug (which I'd expect a lot of, mozilla being
pre-alpha).

I'm thrilled to finally be able to run mozilla - thanks to the great
efforts of the Debian and Mozilla people :) I feel rather like I felt
when, after evangelizing Java for 2 years, there was finally a Java
application that I had a use for on a daily basis (jEdit). I've been
evangelizing mozilla ever since the code release, and now I can see it
really beginning to live up to it's potential. I can't wait till it
reaches beta!

Just my 2c to encourage anyone involved in debian and mozilla - your
work is MUCH appreciated.

Stuart.