Re: [possibly off-topic] pppdup package not working properly

The modem device is probably still locked by the dearly departed pppd.
Check that both  ppp and pppupd are using the same device (i.e.
/dev/ttyS0) and there is no lock file being left around in /var/lock.
Also what do the /var/log/ppp and /var/log/pppupd logfiles say?

Or it could be a bug.  I've neglected pppupd for a while but when I'm
finished with my current work on imap, I'll be looking at it again.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>