Re: IMAP

*- On 14 Jul, Patrick Kirk wrote about "IMAP"
> Hi all,
>
> Can exim work as an IMAP server?  Or have I completely misunderstood what IMAP is?  Searching for imap in man exim shows nothing.

No.  IMAP is a protocol for accessing mail folders on a remote machine.
Exim is just a Mail Transfer Agent(MTA) that delivers the mail to the
folders.  You need a IMAP server program like the one in the Debian imap
package to access those folders from a remote machine.  For local
reading you don't need an IMAP server, although you could access via
IMAP if you really wanted to.

--
Brian