Re: Java-ICQ

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Sera Hill wrote:

> me again!  I'm having difficulty installing java-icq.  When I ran dselect on
> it, dselect couldn't configure it properly.  Is there anyone else having
> this problem?  Or shoudl I switch to another kind of icq?

Personally, I'd switch to another version of ICQ.  I used Java-ICQ and it
was very slow and buggy.  I've liked Licq a LOT and it's now got just
about all the functionality of the windows ICQ.  No other ICQ version that
I have seen has done that.  I currently use KIcq now because I am running
KDE, but still use LIcq when I need to do file transfers and stuff.  There
were some tricks to setting up Java-ICQ when I did it, but I don't
remember what they were, unfortunately.  Mainly getting jdk installed.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."