Re: Exim configuration question...

On 13 Jul 1999, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Steve> I am trying to configure exim for the following behavior:
>
> Steve> * Fully capable local delivery
>
> Steve> * No remote delivery EXCEPT to users on one specific computer
> Steve> on our LAN.
>
> Run eximconf and choose the option that makes your host deliver mail
> to the internet by itself, no relaying, then alter this config.
>
> The local delivery is setup alright by the config, now about the
> remote part.
>
> Remote delivery is handled in the "routers configuration" section.
>
> Remove the routers defined there and use
>
> LAN_deliver:
>   driver = domainlist
>   transport = remote_smtp
>   route_list = "the.other.host the.other.host bydns_a"
>
> This causes mail for the.other.host (first option, may contain
> wildcards et. al.) to be passed to the.other.host (second option),
> which is looked up through DNS, by using the transport "remote_smtp"
> which is defined in the "transports configuration" section of
> exim.conf.
>
> The remote_smtp transport is usually just
>
> remote_smtp:
>   driver = smtp
>
> This is not the only possible way. I also didn't test it, but it
> should work.

But the way I understand it, he does not want to deliver to any host
anywhere except the local machine and users to one other machine. He does
not want to be able to send email to anywhere else.

The way I would do it is like this:

Set up exim as a standalone system UNABLE to deliver internet mail. This
is an option in eximconfig and then add the one router listed above for
LAN delivery to the one host. Any other mail will not find a capable
router and will fail.