Re: public_html directories not accessable outside of LAN

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, David Karlin wrote:

> If xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx/~username is put in the
> address bar (replacing x's with dotted-quad
> address), the xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx/~username
> gets turned into hostname/~username and the
> browser tries to add .com or .edu or .net or
> whatever it thinks will work.

> something in the Apache config, but I'm not
> to sure where to start looking.

This is indeed in your Apache config.  In /etc/apache/httpd.conf, read
about the UseCanonicalName option.  You'll want to turn it off, I gather.

Hope this helps.

--
William Ono <wmono@debian.org>                             PGP key: 0x93BA6AFD
 fingerprint = E3 64 C5 43 3E B3 2D A6  C6 D7 E3 45 90 24 78 DE = fingerprint