Re: More fetchmail woes

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> fetchmail is fetching old and new messages again and again.  My .fetchmailrc
> is as follows.  Can anyone suggest what I need to do to have it pick up new
> messages only.  I think I have read man fetchmail correctly and use the
> command fetchmail

On way to prevent multiple downloads of the same emails is to use the
"flush" option, which will delete the emails on the server once
downloaded.

If you want to keep them on the pop server as a backup, then use the
"uidl" option (look at the man page for details). It will assign an
(unique) identifier to each email, store in a file the identifiers of
mails already downloaded, and check against this list to prevent multiple
downloads of the same emails.

I hope it helps.

Francois

--
Francois Gelis / LAPTH / gelis@lapp.in2p3.fr
phone:(+33) 4 50 09 16 80 / fax:(+33) 4 50 27 94 95