floppyless installation problem

Hi all, hope this is the right list for this problem.

I'm trying to do a floppyless instalation of the base linux system from
DOS using LoadLin.  I've downloaded the following files:

resc1440.bin,
drv1440.bin,
base2_1.tgz,
root.bin,
linux,
install.bat
and loadlin.exe.

Following the instructions @
http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-install-drive,

I rebooted into DOS mode and ran the batch file, but loadlin returned
the error 'not an image file'.  I tried downloading the 'linux' image
file again, just to be safe, but that didn't help.  Oddly enough, I used
this method to install Linux on my computer a couple months ago, and it
worked like a charm.  Is it possible the the image file on the web site
is corrupt?

Thanks,

Chris Dion