1.3 to 2.0 upgrade problems

Hi List,

I have had a quick look at the archive list for a clue to this one as it is probably an old issue,
but to no avail.

I currently have a Deb1.3 system and have finally got around to installing 2.0 on it but have
been having all sorts of troubles with my CD-Rom drive. It is a Debian CD but it seems the
drive doesn't recogise some packages/files on it as they are zero length. I initially thought
the CD was broken and sent it back to the vendor, who returned it saying there was no problems
with. The only suggestion was that Debian cut CD's with Joliet and Rock Ridge extensions and
that could be causing me problems.  I currently run a 2.0.33 kernal with iso9660 fs support. so I
would not thought it could be related to the filesystem support as iso9660 does handle the RR
stuff OK.....doesn't it?

So I am sending this message in the vain hope that somebody remembers problems they may
have had in the past with a 1.3 -> 2.0 upgrade. I already downloaded the 'cd_autoup.sh' from
the debian site as that one was broken on the CD. I guess it could be some sort of wierd libc5 to
libc6 issue, but I thought I had that under control.

I really do not want to newfs the drives ..etc and install from scratch(this is not Win95 ;-) but if that
is the only way out, so be it.

Thanks for any help,
Darryl