Re: Lilo version problem

On  9 Jul, Stephen Pitts wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 12:52:31PM -0700, dmacdoug@hsc.usc.edu wrote:
>> I installed Debian Slink on a system that previously had a Caldera
>> system on it.  Then when I attempted to run lilo I got an error message
>> that said something like "The first somethingorother is version 18.
>> Version 20 expected" and then lilo exits.  Eventually I figured that
>> maybe I needed to uninstall lilo and then reinstall it.  But when I
>> tried to reinstall I got the same message.  Then I booted to the rescue
>> disk and tried to install lilo from there, but it says can't install
>> and gives a nondescript reason.  Anyone know how I can clear this up?
>>
>> Donald MacDougall
>> dmacdoug@hsc.usc.edu
>
> Please post the exact error messages.

Ok, I'll try to do that on Monday,  I did this on my computer at home,
and now that I've done it I can't do email at home, so I sent it from
my office today, but my memory of the exact error messages had faded.
Naturally I didn't have the forethought to write it down last night.
Sorry about that, but, if I don't solve it over the weekend, I'll write
it down and ask again on Monday.

Donald MacDougall
dmacdoug@hsc.usc.edu