Re: Enter mail, end with a single ".".

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Ben Cranston wrote:

> > Have now found out, that my problem has something to do with mail size.
> >   >>> MAIL From:<roed@hem.utfors.se> SIZE=6697
> > That mail won't send. But a small mail (like this), will be sent without
> > any problem ?
>
> This is a real shot-in-the-dark, but I've seen size problems like
> this on two occasions, one on a web server I wrote and another when
> I was doing the SMTP email for our campus mainframe back in 1984.
>
> It is buffer size related.  For short data streams, a buffer never gets
> filled, so when the first buffer gets sent, all the data goes.  For
> longer data streams, the first buffer fills and goes, but the second (or
> last?) buffer just sits there because nobody did a flush or set the
> "push flag" (never mind, you gotta be a real TCP/IP weenie to know what
> the push flag is all about).
>
> If you have the source code to the program "writing" the mail message
> could you check to see if the output is getting flushed or closed?

My sendmail.cf (looking for "Size")
===================================
  # maximum message size
  #O MaxMessageSize=1000000

  # open connection cache size
  O ConnectionCacheSize=2

  # how many jobs can you process in the queue?
  #O MaxQueueRunSize=10000

Can my problem have something to do with this ?

 - * Linux - a more stable way to live * -

--
Mvh Rolf Edlund
Tel:070-3049194