Re: Enter mail, end with a single ".".

> Have now found out, that my problem has something to do with mail size.
>   250 SIZE 2097152
>   >>> MAIL From:<roed@hem.utfors.se> SIZE=6697
>   250 2.5.0 Address and options OK.
>   >>> RCPT To:<roed@hem.utfors.se>
>   250 2.1.5 roed@hem.utfors.se OK.
>   >>> DATA
>   354 Enter mail, end with a single ".".
>   >>> .
> That mail won't send. But a small mail (like this), will be sent without
> any problem ?

This is a real shot-in-the-dark, but I've seen size problems like
this on two occasions, one on a web server I wrote and another when
I was doing the SMTP email for our campus mainframe back in 1984.

It is buffer size related.  For short data streams, a buffer never
gets filled, so when the first buffer gets sent, all the data goes.
For longer data streams, the first buffer fills and goes, but the
second (or last?) buffer just sits there because nobody did a flush
or set the "push flag" (never mind, you gotta be a real TCP/IP weenie
to know what the push flag is all about).

If you have the source code to the program "writing" the mail message
could you check to see if the output is getting flushed or closed?

--
Charles B. (Ben) Cranston
mailto:zben@ni.umd.edu