xircom pcmcia card

Hello,
  I've got a problem getting my xircom Ethernet+Modem multifunction card
working right. The first problem is that I can't get the card manager to
automatically load the modules for the card. The second problem is that
even when I do modprobe the module. When I run ifconfig it tells me that
the device doesn't exist. The strange thing is that about one out of ten
times though it does actually work. I've retraced my steps on the few
times I've gotten it to work but have not been able to reproduce the
results of it working. I'm running kernel 2.2.10 if any one has experience
with this card please let me know. It is the one without the doggles on
it. Thanks again for your help.

				Bob